cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is it possible to load and model/rep tables into drawings faster?

AH_10565398
9-Granite

Is it possible to load and model/rep tables into drawings faster?

In our harness drawings, we have a table per connector with two repeat regions to display the refdes and the pinout info, kind of similar to HMX drawings.

Is there a fast way to bring in multiple tables and "model/rep" them to the connectors automatically or something?

Currently, we load from file, or copy and paste the number of pinout tables we need, then for each of the two repeat regions, we do a "model/rep" and select the connector.  With large harnesses, we spend a LOT of time doing this.

Thanks!

Creo 9

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @AH_10565398,

Thank you for your question. 

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.

Also, feel free to add any additional information you think might be relevant. It sometimes helps to have screenshots to better understand what you are trying to do.

Regards,

Anurag 

Hi Anurag!  Thanks a lot for the bump!  I appreciate it.  I don't see how to edit my original post, but here's a screenshot I found online of HMX to illustrate my issue.

As you can see there are over 20 tables in this drawing.  Our company doesn't want to purchase HMX for the time being, so if this was our harness, we'd manually load in, and model/rep the table template 20 times to each connector.

It seems like Creo should have a fast and easy way to do this, such as selecting all the connectors and loading the table so it brings in 20 instances or something.  I just can't seem to find it.

AH_10565398_0-1720203997112.png

Top Tags