cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Is it possible to upgrade Creo 6.0 to latest version?

cadbart
10-Marble

Is it possible to upgrade Creo 6.0 to latest version?

Hi,

My Creo Parametric 6.0 license has already expired. I'd love to renew my license to some of the latest versions (Creo 7.0 or 8.0). I know that renewing will not suppose updgrade. I was reading about some tips like uninstall origin version and then install latest but some people have colissions of new license with old version and stuff like that...
Is there a solution to renew the license but without keeping origin Creo 6.0 version (to have the newest one)?

Thank you in advance for all replies!

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:cadbart)

Is this a student version or the commercial version?

I am not sure about how if it is the student version.

Being Creo 6, I am guessing you have a subscription, not a purchased license.

If you did not renew your subscription, you will need to get a new one that will give you access to Creo 7 and 8.

If it was a purchased license, then you will still need to get a subscription as that is the only licensing tool available now.

BenLoosli, thank you for your reply! Oh Gosh I totally forgot to give the info about license type... Yes, this is a Student Edition of Creo 6.0. I'll try to uninstall current version and get new subscription just like you've said. The question is if PTC register me again - I've already register myself once while getting Creo 6.0 a year ago, is PTC going to register me for the same data (e.g.: e-mail) second time?  

Top Tags