cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is there a way to delete a superposed portion of assembly?

jkim-3
1-Newbie

Is there a way to delete a superposed portion of assembly?

I would like to eliminate superposed portion of two parts assembled together. For example I would comebine a rotor and the control volume which looks like a cylinder. Then they will be superposed by aligning central axis of two parts and constraining top datum planes of two parts to be equal. In other words, the assembly will be looks like a rotor emersed in control volume. Then, I would like to eliminate the superposed volume of two parts to create a solid cylinder with empty space inside the cylinder that forms the exactly same shape of a rotor.

I'm planning on to use this cylinder with empty space inside of its body to create a mesh for flow feild around the cylinder.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:jkim-3)

Yes, there is a way.

In Creo Parametric 2.0 assembly mode:

MODEL (tab) > COMPONENT (group - dropdown menu) > COMPONENT OPERATIONS > CUT OUT

[Following the prompts in the message area]

Select the model(s) to perform the cut out operation to (select your cylinder)

Select the model(s) used for the cut out. (select your rotor)

Regards,

Dan Nordin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:jkim-3)

Yes, there is a way.

In Creo Parametric 2.0 assembly mode:

MODEL (tab) > COMPONENT (group - dropdown menu) > COMPONENT OPERATIONS > CUT OUT

[Following the prompts in the message area]

Select the model(s) to perform the cut out operation to (select your cylinder)

Select the model(s) used for the cut out. (select your rotor)

Regards,

Dan Nordin

Top Tags