cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Is there a way to set wood hatches on a section ? Can we expect such hatch types in further Creo releases ?

jkoeberle
2-Guest

Is there a way to set wood hatches on a section ? Can we expect such hatch types in further Creo releases ?

Hi forum,

After a few searches on the net, I realize that there are no hatch types for wood included in Creo. Is there a way to create non-regular hatch patterns ? I see that I'm not the only one looking for this possibility. Does someone have tricks to do it or can we expect some PTC improvements in this area ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:jkoeberle)

Until recently, cross sections could be filled with a solid color, or hatched with one or more lines defined by angle/spacing/offset/style.  Look to Creo 4 for support for non-linear hatch styles.  Wood in particular may be found by Retrieve - customer_patterns.pat from the System Patterns directory - Wood.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I think they have added support for other formats to Creo 4.x

Creo MBD and 2D Detailing Product Update

Creo now supports industry standard hatch pattern files

–*.pat file format

–Hundreds of patterns

mender
6-Contributor
(To:jkoeberle)

Until recently, cross sections could be filled with a solid color, or hatched with one or more lines defined by angle/spacing/offset/style.  Look to Creo 4 for support for non-linear hatch styles.  Wood in particular may be found by Retrieve - customer_patterns.pat from the System Patterns directory - Wood.

how to add .pat file to my creo. I have downloaded from the internet and now i want use it in creo 4.0. Please help me. 

Ok, I am currently working with Creo 2. It will soon be time to upgrade to Creo 4 then...

Thanks to you both for your answers.

Jerome.

Top Tags