cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is there a way to show tolerances in CALLOUT_FORMAT in .hol files for creo 6?

JA_9173935
4-Participant

Is there a way to show tolerances in CALLOUT_FORMAT in .hol files for creo 6?

Hey all,

So, I know you can't add tolerances themselves into the .hol file but Is there a way to show the modified dimensions that had tolerances added to it after the hole was created?

For example:

Let's say in my hole file, I have a tap decimal diameter dimension of .397 and want the position limits to be .401 and .396. After I created the hole, I applied tolerances to the dimension but the note doesn't update with the new tolerance but rather uses the static value from the .hole chart. 

Or let's say I have a countersink diameter and my csinkdiam is .500 and want to apply a +.010/-.000 tolerance. How can I get that to automatically show up in the notes?

3 REPLIES 3

I don't think you can do this automatically.  You can manually edit the hole note and replace the parameter call-out with the dimension callout - e.g., Ø{0:&DIAMETER} with &d41 or whatever the diameter dimension id the system generated.

JA_9173935
4-Participant
(To:pausob)

Is there a way to have it automatically pull whatever ID is generated? Like the parameter &___ to automatically pull in whatever &d__ number it creates?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JA_9173935)

No, not when placing new hole features using the out-of-the-box hole tool.  What you could do is modify the hole feature and note to include the extra information you want displayed and then add this feature to a UDF (user defined feature).  In the future, instead of using the hole feature you would place your custom UDF instead, and each hole feature created by the UDF would include your extra info.

Top Tags