cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Iso View in drawing are not showing tangent edges on round pins.

dunebuggyjay
12-Amethyst

Iso View in drawing are not showing tangent edges on round pins.

Hi Guys,

Have any of you come across tangent lines not showing on drawings on round pins? 

Is there a drawing setting to turn these on? Its only on ISO views...that it doesn't show up on the drawing. 

I have tangent edges display style set to phantom in the drawing view.

If i turn on fast HLR for drawing they will show up on the drawing, but once i print, they do not show up. (print preview even shows they are not there, so its not a printer setting) 

5 REPLIES 5

Have you tried setting the tangent edge display to solid? We would normally set this for just the ISO view manually if the tangent edges are valuable.

Tdaugherty_0-1643661966148.png

Yes I've tried this, no luck. 

Its only only on round leader pins, and only in the ISO view. They show up in other views. Obviously tried to recreate the ISO with no luck too. 

I've seen this happen before, and we usually just ignore it, but it would be nice to understand why its doing this. (wonder if its something to do with old legacy part files..as I always seem to find issues that are traced back to old legacy files. lol. 

Maybe I'll open a ticket with PTC

Could the issue be geometry-related? Is it possible for you to post a screenshot?

@dunebuggyjay wrote:

Hi Guys,

Have any of you come across tangent lines not showing on drawings on round pins? 

Is there a drawing setting to turn these on? Its only on ISO views...that it doesn't show up on the drawing. 

I have tangent edges display style set to phantom in the drawing view.

If i turn on fast HLR for drawing they will show up on the drawing, but once i print, they do not show up. (print preview even shows they are not there, so its not a printer setting) 

Hi,

check interference between models.

Martin Hanák

Hello @dunebuggyjay 

I see high chances that @MartinHanak suggestion will help. If you have global interefernecs in assembly used as drawing model in the impacted ISO Drawing view, this is a current limitation officially documented in article 220532 (proposing a manual workaround, but better approach would be for sure to redefin the assembly and avoid interferences between components to be in fully supported conditions, not only for the tangent edges in ISO views, but also for eventual cross section views).

The difference in Print Preview you also mentioned above, based on value set for fasthlr_drawing config option, is documented in article 293137, where root cause seems also to point in the direction of global interefrences.

Regards,

Serge

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags