cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Issue Fixing Parts List Table with Repeat Region that Uses Component Parameters

GaryLevesque
5-Regular Member

Issue Fixing Parts List Table with Repeat Region that Uses Component Parameters

I am using Creo Parametric Release 5.0 and Datecode5.0.3.0

Issue with “Fixing” Parts list table with repeat region fixing that pulls in data from a component parameter. We want to pull in information from assy component parameters and display info within a table column. Found that with this implemented, one is not able to “fix” the parts list table (which prohibits resorting).
Example, component parameter assigned within assy context :
NAME: REMARKS
TYPE = STRING
VALUE = PURCHASED
Assy drawing parts list table has column entry fetching value: asm.mbr.cparam.REMARKS
Works as expected, reporting values for all components with component parameter “REMARKS”
The problem is if I attempt to fix the table to prohibit resorting, I am met with the following error: “Can not fix index due to symbol.asm.mbr.CPARAM”
The only way I can fix the table is by removing entry “asm.mbr.cparam.REMARKS” from parts lists table and also removing the “ASM_MBR_CPARAM_REMARKS” parameter from the repeat region’s relation UI, at this point I can fix the parts list, add in new components, then once again add in the parameter and table entry. Is there a workaround for this?

Here are the errors that I faced
Can not fix index due to symbol.asm.mbr.CPARAM
1 REPLY 1

Hi,

please ask PTC Support directly. I guess requested functionality is not implemented.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags