cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Issue with exporting clean DXF from drawing template and mapkey

NM_8932441
1-Newbie

Issue with exporting clean DXF from drawing template and mapkey

I am on Creo parametric 7.0.10

Here is my problem. I am trying to export a clean DXF from a curve inside a part. I need the dxf to have no notes and be at scale 1 for cnc machining. I need to do this for many parts so wanted to automate it or speed it up somehow.

To speed up the process of exporting, I created a drawing template with the view "Front" set to scale 1. I then created a mapkey to open the part as a drawing with the template, then save as dxf.

My issue is that doing it this way creates a note for the scale of the view "Scale 1.000".

I would like to not have this note. I tried removing the set scale of the view in the template and use mapkey to set the drawing scale before exporting, but I was not able to get mapkey to modify the drawing scale.

I also was not able to find an option to not have the note show up in the template view.

If there is a better way to export DXF files from part files I am also open to changing my method.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:NM_8932441)

Someone else will probably have a better solution to this. This is not a workflow that we go though. That being said, you can have a mapkey that deletes the scale note. Because it is a template the note ID will always be the same. So you can have the mapkey call the find too and search for that note id and then once it is found and selected you can just delete it.

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
21-Topaz I

Someone else will probably have a better solution to this. This is not a workflow that we go though. That being said, you can have a mapkey that deletes the scale note. Because it is a template the note ID will always be the same. So you can have the mapkey call the find too and search for that note id and then once it is found and selected you can just delete it.

Untitled.png

Hello Chris,

This solution worked! Thank you for your help.

Like you said there is probably a better way of doing what I am trying to do, but this works for now.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Try setting config default_draw_scale to 1.0 and the view to default scale.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags