cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

JLink - drawing to Pdf

vemanamar
1-Newbie

JLink - drawing to Pdf

Hi all,

It's been days, I have been working for conversion of pro/E drawings to pdf using Jlink. Finally I got one solution (of course, it might not be the only solution available). May be for those who are interested in this, can just follow the instructions below.

1.First download and install GhostScript (avilable for both 32 bit and 64 bit machines). Add bin path of Ghostscript to path environmental variable. Restart your pc.

2. Create PlotInstructions object with plotter name as "postscript".

3. Export your drawing model to post script file.

4. Invoke ghostscript through command using Java Runtime Object and execute the ghostscript's command for conversion of ps to pdf.

Thats it. You will have your pdf file available.

Guys, you should know how to work with Java's Runtime and Process objects to execute command line instructions.

Regards,

V.Amar

Idola Fori Design Works Limited

Hyderabad

India

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Amar,

I'm not sure about J-Link but I know in Pro/TOOLKIT for Wildfire 3.0
there is the ability to output a PDF of a drawing without using
Ghostscript. You should look for that functionality in J-Link.

Patrick Williams | Sr. Application Engineer | Engineering Systems |
Steelcase Inc. | 616.698.4078 | My Site
<">http://my.steelcase.com/Person.aspx?accountname=NA\PWILLIA3>

Patrick,

Thanks !

As per the J/link API documentation there's no such function to convert
to pdf.

However, I didn't check the protoolkit API. If the function is there in
protoolkit, then I can invoke the same using J/link. Thanks for your
suggestion.

Regards,

V.Amar