cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Japanese language symbols don't show up on my drw notes?

cmaass
1-Newbie

Japanese language symbols don't show up on my drw notes?

Hey community,

I have some drawing files with updates and when I go to print to PDF the notes with Japanese symbols show up as blank squares.

I attached a picture, anything anyone can do would be great.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

1.]

You can stroke all fonts when exporting PDF. Creo transforms letters into lines and PDF will contain correct output.

2.]

If you do not want stroke fonts, then you can set PRO_LANG variable to japanese, launch Creo and export PDF.

3.]

If you do not want to set PRO_LANG variable, then you need to add config.pro option intf2d_out_pdf_unicode   yes and use specific Creo release, see https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS153898

Creo 2.0 M140, Creo 3.0 M020, Wildfire 5.0 M260

MH

Martin Hanák

I chose to use the config.pro option, but how do you set the "stroke all fonts" when exporting to PDF?

Hi,

you can set "stroke all fonts" option:

• manually in dialog box displayed during PDF export
  • automatically using config.pro option INTF2D_OUT_STROKE_TEXT ALL

MH

Martin Hanák

hi Cameron,

1: reconfig the creo to add the japanees font while installing it,

2. Important thing is Go to Control panel - Environmental variable- edit environemental variable-system variable-add new-variable name and variable value,. Variable name: "LANG" (must be caps)

Variable value  'japanese" (mut be in small).

it work out for sure,

reach me if it is not.

Regards
Chethan

Cameron,

can you see Japanese characters when you open drawing in Creo ?

MH

Martin Hanák

did u tried this??

Top Tags