cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Large creo_parametric_customization.ui file

sbots
9-Granite

Large creo_parametric_customization.ui file

I was wondering if anyone else isexperiencing this in their environements.

We have several userswho havecreo_parametric_customization.ui files that spontaneously grow very large, in the 10 Mb to 20 Mbrange. This file is usually 50k to 200k. When this file gets large Creo reacts very strange, Creo runs very slow, Creo will not open drawing files, Creo takes a long time to exit when shutting it down, etc. This does not seem to be happening on every machine but is becoming more prevelent as time goes on.

PTC has not been very helpful in solving this, we found the root cause to be the creo_parametric_customization.ui file, but I now think the growth of this filemight be related to the J Link applications that I have running. We have several applications that load ribbon definitions using

pfcSession.Session.RibbonDefinitionfileLoad

I am not sure if this istheroot cause but I need to solve thisissue and wanted to know if anyone else is experienceing this same problem and if they believe it is related to the ribbon definition files, and ifanyone has found a solution to the problem.

We are using Creo 1 M040

Thank you in advance,

Scott

1 REPLY 1

Wow, this is an old post.  Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am seeing this now for one of our shared .ui files.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Top Tags