cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Lathe function of manufacturing

mrao
8-Gravel

Lathe function of manufacturing

Hello~~

I have couple suggest about Lathe function of Creo manufacturing, please refer to below suggestion, thanks!!

1. I have set up "Home point" and "From point" at Operation dialog window, but those points cant automatically copy to each sequence for start and end position. For the reason, users need to select the start point and the end point every time when they create sequence. If PTC can resolve it then users can save some steps from doing the same thing, because the setting of start and end points is very important in lathing function.  (車床功能的Home pointFrom point可以自動copy到每個sequenceStart point and End point,那就更方便了,因為Home點與From點大部分都是固定的,如需要變化可再自行做修改即可。)
  2. As we know the tool parameter (cut data) can be stored on “work center”, and those data can automatically copy to parameter window. This function is very useful for NC users. If PTC is willing to add “TOOL_ORIENTATION, START_MOTION and END_MOTION on “tool setup” dialog window, as shown below illustration. Currently, after tool selection, users need to set up parameters which are mentioned in previous every time when they create sequence.  (Work center可以存儲刀具這個功能真的很棒,如果可以再把Tool_Orientation(定向)Start_motion and End_motion都可以在選擇刀具時去做定義,那使用者就不需要在每次製作Sequence時最重複的動作。)

Mark Rao

-

訊息由此人編輯:Mark Rao

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:mrao)

Hello Mark,

your thread was cathegorized as Question, but it seems you made two suggestions how to improve the functionality.

Note that for such suggestions we have an extra section in the Community pages, called Ideas.

See this document with more information on the process.

The short form:

• Use Search in the Community and Show only Product Ideas, to find possibly existing ideas that are related to yours - you may add comments to them
  • Click the Submit A Product Idea tile on the PTC Community front page and enter a new idea (basically what you wrote above)

Regards,

Gunter

tmarcinkowski
13-Aquamarine

Ad. 2 You can do that:

1. Create UDP.xml file with your parameters (TOOL_ORIENTATION, START_MOTION and END_MOTION)

1.jpg

2. set config.pro option : mfg_custom_tool_param_file   <load_file_path>UDP.xml for example d:/ptc/setup/udp.xml

3. restart Creo. Your Tool Setup Dialog Box look now something like this.

2.jpg

4. Now if you copy parameters from tool you copy all parameters.

mrao
8-Gravel

Hello Tomasz,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I have follow your procedure to set up Creo and created .XML file but I got failed information when I restart Creo, Do you know what?

Could you please provide .XML file to me for reference?

My e-mail= -

Have a nice weekend!!

Mark Rao

mrao
8-Gravel

Hello Tomasz,

Thanks for your sharing and I can seem the "User Defined" dialog of Tools Setup window. But I still have question about parameters copy, could you please let me know how to set up config.pro then "Cut data" parameters can automatically copy to sequence parameters window?

I have set up "mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool" of config.pro for "ALL", but that "cut data" parameters still can't copy to sequence parameters window.

Thanks so much

Have a good day!!

Mark Rao

tmarcinkowski
13-Aquamarine

Reffering to your question:

If you set any value in  CUTTING DATA box it works well. I don’t know why doesn’t work if here is empty.

cmunity.jpg

mrao
8-Gravel

Hello Tomasz,

I could copied parameters to sequence from tool cut data and user defined, because I forgot store user defined parameters in each tool. My question was resolved, thanks a lot for your answer. Thanks again.

have a good day!!

Mark Rao

mrao
8-Gravel

Hello Tomasz,

This problem was fixed out, because I forgot click "Apply", sorry!!

thanks for your support!!

Have a good day!!

Mark Rao

Top Tags