cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Learning CREO after using SolidQworks. Are there Tutorials to understand how to modify Creo Assy?

Thump49
4-Participant

Learning CREO after using SolidQworks. Are there Tutorials to understand how to modify Creo Assy?

I am learning CREO after using SolidQworks for some time. Are there PTC/Creo Tutorials to understand how to modify Creo Assemblies?  I would like to extrude cut a part (jig) in a CREO assy to accommodate the new revision of the part design.  Or do I have to trace a 2D planar profile of the existing part to make a cut and modify this geometry for the 3D geometry to fit?  Maybe I just need to start with the basic tutorials for building parts and assys.   Pictured is a cross-section view of the conflict. 

Thanks!

MB_9150072_0-1686779672273.png

CREO Parametric V9.0..1.0

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:Thump49)

In general assembly level cuts are not considered good practice. Behind the scenes Creo makes family tables to handle the cuts and these family tables create a performance hit.

Assembly cuts are the same as part cuts. In the model tab there is an extrude button which will create the cut. Note that Creo does not allow you to add material to the assembly so if you need radii you need to put them in the cut. Depending on your config options you may need to go into the intersection tab and pick the components you want to cut.

To answer your general question, there are lots of videos on YouTube and depending on your company's subscription you may have access to PTC University: https://www.ptc.com/en/ptc-university 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:Thump49)

In general assembly level cuts are not considered good practice. Behind the scenes Creo makes family tables to handle the cuts and these family tables create a performance hit.

Assembly cuts are the same as part cuts. In the model tab there is an extrude button which will create the cut. Note that Creo does not allow you to add material to the assembly so if you need radii you need to put them in the cut. Depending on your config options you may need to go into the intersection tab and pick the components you want to cut.

To answer your general question, there are lots of videos on YouTube and depending on your company's subscription you may have access to PTC University: https://www.ptc.com/en/ptc-university 

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags