cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Length of cable that is shown as a helical sweep

JOES
1-Newbie

Length of cable that is shown as a helical sweep

I've got a user that is wondering if there is a way to know how long his helical sweep is. He has a football shaped shell that has cable fed into the I.D. The is roughly shaped like a football with flats on it. He needs to know how long is 1/8" diameter cable is.

Is there any way to find that easily?

Thanks, Joe S.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
bokm9606
1-Newbie
(To:JOES)

just a thought:

can he sweep a construction "feathered" surface along the same profile?
Then measure length of the edge of the feathered surface?

Pete

JOES
1-Newbie
(To:JOES)

OK so I just quickly created a surface & measured it as Pete suggested & found that we could put 35' of cable in the cavity.

The guy who needed it just walked in my office with a 3D printed version of it with 12' of the actual cable in it & said: "never mind, it holds all the cable the product requires". No math needed. Damn kids.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone & have a good weekend. Will this be my last posting to the exploder?

Regards,
Joe S.

Top Tags