cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Limitations of the free version

Bigornal
1-Newbie

Limitations of the free version

What are the exact limitations of the free version?

Is the Part Library elements accessible from that version?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There's nothing in the site that would indicate that. Looking at the menus here, I would assume that all Creo modeling discussions ahppen here.

Digging a bit, I see that under 'More Communities' there's a 'Creo Elements/Direct'. That may be a better plase to ask.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yves,

it is not evident, what software do you mean.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Ok, I thought since we are in the PTC Community > Creo > Modeling > Discussions forum, that was enough of information. Was wrong seemingly.

Using the Free version of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express v 4.0.

And was wondering what kind of limitations are to be expected (i.e. not to search where the feature is when it has not been made available) - besides being only on Windows (ok, no Linux was expected, but no Mac?? ... Have to run Windows in VirtualBox on Linux 😞

For instance is the Parts Library accessible?

Thank you

Yves,

just an explanation ... Modeling Discussion is mainly about Creo Parametric problems. Creo Elements/Direct is something different ...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

There's nothing in the site that would indicate that. Looking at the menus here, I would assume that all Creo modeling discussions ahppen here.

Digging a bit, I see that under 'More Communities' there's a 'Creo Elements/Direct'. That may be a better plase to ask.

--
LinkedIn

Thanks for the replies.

Will have a look at that, Doug.

I have looked into Elements Direct Express (free version). You cannot share data with the full version or import it into Creo Parametric. If you buy the software in the longrun, you should be able to have PTC convert some important files for you (unlock them). It is also very useful in opening older Co-Create files. You can print, make STL (facet) files and some others. But no STEP/IGES/Etc. that can be used in other CAD packages.

Welcome to the confusing world of Creo. Saying 'Creo' is like saying 'Microsoft Office' Even narrowing it down to 'modeling' is still pretty open. Could be:

• Creo Elements Direct (Formerly CoCreate)
  • Creo Direct (direct modeler based on Proe)
  • Creo Parametric (Formerly Proe)
  • Creo Elements Pro (Rename of Proe Widlfire 5)
  • Creo Elements Direct Express (I guess a free version of CoCreate?)

Sorry, I don't heve any experience with anythign but Parametric & Elements Pro, so I can't help you. I thought it might help to understand the range of Creo modeling products, though.

--
LinkedIn
Top Tags