cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Line thickness when printing

JasonPensack
1-Newbie

Line thickness when printing

When exporting a drawing to pdf for printing, some lines are coming out thicker than the others. My drawing looks exaclty like what I want in the drawing mode. I've tried using true type fonts and using stroke all fonts, but neither works. I may be missing something as I have just switched from WF4 to CREO 2.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jason...

Antonius is giving you good advice. You can tweak the line weights to achieve the look you want. I wrote a fairly long post explaining how it works and providing an example/starting file. The link below will take you to another thread where I gave this information:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/173301#173301

Scroll down a bit and you'll see one of my messages containing 3 attachments. One document explains how pen table files work. The other two are an example file and a cheat sheet showing you which pens draw certain elements of a drawing. Give these attachments a look. If they don't help and you're still having problems, please write back.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

My line weigths are doing pretty well with PDF options set to 600dpi. But I do give all my text a thickness of .012. I use the non-TTF and stroke all fonts in the options.

You can use pen tables to get the lines to come out heavier in PDF prints. I have not gone this far so I can't help but a search might find it in the discussions.

Hi Jason...

Antonius is giving you good advice. You can tweak the line weights to achieve the look you want. I wrote a fairly long post explaining how it works and providing an example/starting file. The link below will take you to another thread where I gave this information:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/173301#173301

Scroll down a bit and you'll see one of my messages containing 3 attachments. One document explains how pen table files work. The other two are an example file and a cheat sheet showing you which pens draw certain elements of a drawing. Give these attachments a look. If they don't help and you're still having problems, please write back.

Thanks!

-Brian

Antonius & Brian....

Thank you for the quick responses. The pen table was exactly what i needed. I used the table that you supplied in the other post and it worked perfect.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Tags