cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Lines too thin on 4K monitor

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

Lines too thin on 4K monitor

In Creo View version 5.x the lines on the aforementioned 4K-monitor are extremely thin (I assume the same would be true for Creo). This is especially the case for HLR view. The screen is a 4K monitor measuring 24" and having 196 dpi.

Is there an option in Creo View to increase the line width? If not, I suggest adding this, because the lines on high-resolution devices simply get too thin if kept at one pixel line width.

9 REPLIES 9
VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:VeqTor)

Unfortunately there is no answer on this issue, therefore I shall give the topic a friendly *bump*

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

Anyone...?

Still no line thickness option in Creo View 6.0?

Also, is there a way to increase the line thickness when exporting model views to image files? There is no point in generating a high quality antialiased image file with multi-megapixel resolution when all lines are 1px wide and therefore almost invisible!

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

*polite bump*

Is there a way, or are there any plans, to adapt/increase the visible line thicknes on high-dpi devices, e.g. on 4K monitors?

Thanks for letting the community know

@VeqTor wrote:

*polite bump*

Is there a way, or are there any plans, to adapt/increase the visible line thicknes on high-dpi devices, e.g. on 4K monitors?

Thanks for letting the community know

Hi,

please contact PTC Support and ask them directly.

Martin Hanák
VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you. I did so and hope that they will care.

--

(the issue is still unresolved on Creo View 6.0)

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

Would you believe that PTC support suggested changing Windows 10 DPI compatibility options -- in other words, use my 4K-Monitors with the (four times lower) FullHD resolution? 

llie
16-Pearl

All,

I am running the new HP 15 Zbook with 4K screen and I love how sharp the lines are in Creo View 4.2 especially when viewing a drawing. So much better than the pix-elated words in the notes that you had to pop out to read them better. 

This is what I am running.

llie_0-1582207060384.png

VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:llie)

Yes, these are the exact same Windows DPI settings as the ones I am using, and the sharpness of the image is of course fantastic -- also in Creo.

However, this does not help with the problem initially described -- that the lines (at least in HLR view mode) are microscopically thin. See my screenshot, or try for yourself with HLR view mode on your Zbook.

Apparently, these lines are displayed with a width of exactly one pixel regardless of the screen dpi resolution.

VecTor
6-Contributor

*bump*

After years still no way to adjust line width in Creo View!

Please FIX!

Top Tags