cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

[MBD] Change attachment point of a driving dimension in Creo 7

Seth
4-Participant

[MBD] Change attachment point of a driving dimension in Creo 7

Dear All,

Currently I am validating PMI of part files of a small assembly. During the validation I am running into a PMI error regarding an driving annotation of an extruded cut. The issue is that this extruded cut is downwards, and that the annotation therefore references to the top of the extruded cut (so above the actual feature that should be annotated). In the validation step this is not acceptable (as the annotation should directly refer to the feature and not to a plane above the feature).

I was thinking for some solutions for this and the only three things that came to mind were: 1. Change the attachment point of the annotation 2. Place a sketch over the specific feature surface and annotate this 3. Place the extruded cut sketch x mm lower and direct the extruded cut upwards (instead of downwards like it is now). However both solution 2 and 3 are more of a hack job than practical solutions.. Therefore I was wondering if solution 1. (changing the attachment point) is possible within Creo or if someone has a different suggestion. I have searched a bit on google, and checked the MBD tutorial of Creo and the config options but I was not able to find any information on this.

Thanks,

Seth

1 REPLY 1
pausob
18-Opal
(To:Seth)

In Creo4, after selecting a dimension, the "References" tool in the ribbon's "Dimension" tab is available to redefine the attachment points:

pausob_0-1616200160938.png

Alternately, I can right-click on the dimension and select the "edit references" icon:

pausob_0-1616200667950.png

Top Tags