cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

MULTI PAGE BOM BALLOON DRAWING

BillChapman
12-Amethyst

MULTI PAGE BOM BALLOON DRAWING

I have a multi page drawing that shows several different sub assemblies, each on a separate page. I do have a repeat region table on each page showing the information for the corresponding sub assembly this is all fine. When I now try to show the BOM balloons Pro only allows me to show them for one of the pages (tables), I get an error: "Invalid view for showing BOM Balloons for the region". The only way I can get the balloons to display is to Clear Region, then Set Region, then show the BOM balloons by view. This process deletes the BOM balloons on the other page. How do I get the BOM balloons for the other pages (tables).

Wildfire 5 m030.

Thanks,

Bill

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I am not using WF5 but, in the past I had the same problem. I found that if I created all views on sheet one, ballooned them, and then moved them them to the sheets I wanted too, that worked well. Only way I could get it to work.

Mark

We have started using simplified reps. for each sub-assy along with explosions, and orientations in a saved combined state (ALL in the view manger). Then each view is placed on whatever sheet we want in that combined state with a repeat region for EACH VIEW... Then balloons are driven by the region for each view.

We have a separate PLM solution that drives our BOM's and we fix the indexes in the repeat regions to match the item numbers from the PLM BOM's. Once this is done changes to the sub-assy contents, orientation or explosion is all managed in the assembly model and index "fixing" adjusted as needed in the repeat drawing.

p.s. WF4 m120

In Reply to john dugan:

We have started using simplified reps. for each sub-assy along with explosions, and orientations in a saved combined state (ALL in the view manger). Then each view is placed on whatever sheet we want in that combined state with a repeat region for EACH VIEW... Then balloons are driven by the region for each view.

We have a separate PLM solution that drives our BOM's and we fix the indexes in the repeat regions to match the item numbers from the PLM BOM's. Once this is done changes to the sub-assy contents, orientation or explosion is all managed in the assembly model and index "fixing" adjusted as needed in the repeat drawing.

Top Tags