cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Machine bend of individual pipe

ErikClacey
12-Amethyst

Machine bend of individual pipe

I have made a pipe with the Pipe module and have split it into manufacturable pipe sections. I now want to make drawings of each section and show the machine bend table in a table.

How do I do that?

If I open up the part and make a drawing of it, I can't access the saved machine bend table, as it was made in the assembly. Piping only works in the assembly mode, so I can't make a machine bend table within the part/section. Alternativel I can make a view state in the assembly with only the pipe section that I want, which I can put in a drawing. If I then make several different machine bend table analyses and save them in different names (for the different pipe sections), I get all of them in the same repeat table in a drawing. How can I filter or remove the ones (machine bend table analyses) I don't want in the current drawing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I have the same problem. Bend tables can be saved as separate reports for each pipeline, but I cannot seem to differentiate between those saved analyses in the repeat region - all tables are listed. Any special filtering in the repeat region to fix this. Have you found a solution, Erik?

Hi,

Yes, this seems to be something that PTC should improve upon. In the meantime, I did find a way.

First make a drawing with the assembly, but don't add a graphical drawing of it to the sheet. Instead add a drawing model and now select the tubing part that you want. Add your views and machine bend table etc.

Now set a filter to the bend table repeat region to only show information for your single tube that you just added. For example:

&asm.mbr.pipe.segment.solid_name == 200-100-231 will only show data for a pipe with this name

I guess you can also add * if your names only have a few unique identifiers in a long name.

Top Tags