cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Major Creo 8 issues

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Major Creo 8 issues

I just got Creo 8.0.5.0 loaded...aaaaand hate it.  The biggest problem is when I load my personalized config.pro file that I've used for ages I get some BS "To use a Deprecated config option..." error message, and as soon as I try and create or redefine a feature, in sketcher I get the dreaded "White Screen of Death", where I can't see ANYTHING, it's just blinding white.  When I get out of sketcher, I get the correct black background.  As it is I can't load my config.pro and so can't get my mapkeys.  Needless to say I'm extremely p!ssed.  I've had problems upgrading Creo before in the past, but nothing like the total show stopper this is.  What I might do is just make a config.pro consisting ONLY of my mapkeys and see if that works.  Way to go, PTC!

Anyone seen or have a solution for this garbage?

Thx!

Patriot_1776_0-1663261013846.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, at this point I'm not sure what, exactly, was the fix, but, what I did was take the new Creo 8 config,pro that the admins here had made, and deleted all their mapkeys and put mine in there, and also added a few of my main settings (query select, etc.), and it works.  So, there's something funny in there somewhere, and it appears that it IS definitely a config.pro issue.  I'm going to, bit by bit (step by step, inch by inch...LOL) introduce my old config.pro settings until I get that failure.  Maybe I won't, maybe simply copying the Creo 8  file then modifying it fixed the issue, but with PTC, who knows...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I am on your side: there always have garbage in CREO and Simulate. I don't know why!

JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine
(To:JS_9824412)

It looks like the CREO "admin" of my company can design their config.pro, with some commends that expels end user's. Whenever, I load my personal config.pro, the CREO just QUIT. ☹️ So I basically can only use mouse click to operate CREO, instead of mapkeys for the time being.

Well, at this point I'm not sure what, exactly, was the fix, but, what I did was take the new Creo 8 config,pro that the admins here had made, and deleted all their mapkeys and put mine in there, and also added a few of my main settings (query select, etc.), and it works.  So, there's something funny in there somewhere, and it appears that it IS definitely a config.pro issue.  I'm going to, bit by bit (step by step, inch by inch...LOL) introduce my old config.pro settings until I get that failure.  Maybe I won't, maybe simply copying the Creo 8  file then modifying it fixed the issue, but with PTC, who knows...

Ok, so, it looks like one of the older settings is what COMPLETELY FUBAR's Creo, requiring a total RE-START of Creo to fix it.

That setting is:    enable_selection_glow

Do NOT use this setting!

I haven't gone all the way thru my old config.pro, so, I can't 100% that that is the ONLY problem, but I'm adding stuff from my old fil in section (User Interface, etc.) section by section, so, we'll see.  But I know for a FACT that this setting completely FUBAR's your session.  WOW!  #epicfail

At least we found a new word to google about and learnt some new knowledge. Thanks. 

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:JS_9824412)

Right???

What release of Creo did you come from?

That is a known issue in Creo 7 and you even commented on it.

Solved: Selection glow sets the graphics window to pure wh... - PTC Community

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:BenLoosli)

We jumped straight from Creo 4 to Creo 8, and I just changed jobs again so I was trying to get Creo 8 loaded, and all kinds of other stuff..when I found out there was this major BUG.  I did a quick search but it was before I found the setting itself, so I must not have used the correct keyword.  I didn't remember that issue.  I wish I had, would have saved me the trouble of finding it after hours of digging.....Drat!

Top Tags