cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Major issue with layers in top-down design using a skeleton.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Major issue with layers in top-down design using a skeleton.

I'm using a M080 build of creo, and have run into some major issues in my assembly. I'm using a skeleton to do top-down design, and at the assembly level I CANNOT get the layers in the skeleton to unhide. Even if I unhide the layers in the skeleton, then open the assembly, it still doesn't work. Needless to say this really is causing major problems. The only thing I found that worked, was going into the skeleton and"excluding" the features I wanted to show at the assembly level from that layer (we use "rules-based" layers) and that seemed to work. But that is a total pain. I remember that there was some issues with inheritance model layers not working right in the assembly, but nothing this bad. Of course, that was before creo....

Anyone else seen this?

I think from now on I'm going to do top-down the way I used to, by building my "skeleton" in the assembly itself. That seemed a lot more stable and trouble free.

Be warned....

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags