cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Make a movie

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Make a movie

Hi,

i want to create a short movie to send to a customer. I simply want to spin a model around slowly & record this movement. I have never been asked to do this before & i am not even sure it can be done using WF5, i have launched the help centre & it talks about file, export, movie, but when i go to file i do not see export. I only have a standard pro-e license running. Can anyone offer any advice?

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi John...

Srinivasanlyer's method is the best. Use the 30 day trial of Camtasia Studio to record the screen. You can certainly go into mechanism or Pro/ANIMATE and create the motion you want (*if* your license allows it). However, this is truly the long way around the barn. The animation files Pro/E exports are often very choppy. Increasing the resolution helps but also kills you in render times.

If you're just trying to make a simple animation, Snagit in video mode or Camtasia Studio are the best.

If you want to be extra fancy, you can use the new Creo View tools with the Microsoft Extension (not sure what this is technically called). It gives you the ability to move, rotate, and animate Pro/E models directly from within applications like Powerpoint. Imagine being able to flip through slides of your models... and then grab them and rotate them directly in Powerpoint. Very cool if you have the licenses!

Good luck!

-Brian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John,

I only guess. that the movie can be saved, when you create a mechanism (in assembly).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

You can do it with Proe Animation. However, I would recommend that you use "Camstudio" an opensource screen capture software. For more professional use one may use "Snagit" or "Camtasia". These softwares capture all that is on the screen or a portion of the screen and turns it into an avi file.

Hi John...

Srinivasanlyer's method is the best. Use the 30 day trial of Camtasia Studio to record the screen. You can certainly go into mechanism or Pro/ANIMATE and create the motion you want (*if* your license allows it). However, this is truly the long way around the barn. The animation files Pro/E exports are often very choppy. Increasing the resolution helps but also kills you in render times.

If you're just trying to make a simple animation, Snagit in video mode or Camtasia Studio are the best.

If you want to be extra fancy, you can use the new Creo View tools with the Microsoft Extension (not sure what this is technically called). It gives you the ability to move, rotate, and animate Pro/E models directly from within applications like Powerpoint. Imagine being able to flip through slides of your models... and then grab them and rotate them directly in Powerpoint. Very cool if you have the licenses!

Good luck!

-Brian

Thank you guys, sorry for the delay. I used the CamStudio software, it was perfect for my limited needs.

Thanks again

John

Top Tags