cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mass Parameters

yowusgudfam
3-Visitor

Mass Parameters

Hi,

I have created a table which uses a repeat region to display material names and masses of parts in an assembly. So I am able to know that part1 is made out of aluminium and weighs x amount of weight. This is using asm.mbr.part_name and asm.mbr.pro_mp_mass. I am also able to know the total mass of the assembly using just &pro_mp_mass.

I would like to be able to calculate just the total amount of weight for a specific material and store it as a variable. So for example, add all the pro_mp_mass for all components which have a material name which is aluminium, and not take into account for the calculation, the other materials. Is this possible to do? Any help would be much appreciated. I can provide further explanations if required.

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:yowusgudfam)

Thinking outloud………...

Can you sort the BOM table by material type?

Not sure repeat region relations have the ability to add up the weight column numbers.

Hi Ben,

I would like to do it automatically if possible, but thanks for your answer

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:yowusgudfam)

Does it need to be done on the drawing? You can export the table to a csv and open it in a spreadsheet program and manipulate the data there.

Thanks for the answers guys. I managed to come up with a solution. It involves extracting certain characters from the material name, say "aluminium" and comparing using conditional statements. Since my material library has all materials as aluminium_1000, aluminium_7000 etc, i can group them up with these conditional statements into a single column in the table. Then I just do a summation of all the cells. The non aluminium materials will just show as blanks so they are not taken into account in the summation. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

Hi,

did you try filtering repeat region table contents to display aluminium parts, only ?

Martin Hanák
Top Tags