cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Mechanism constraint assembly needs to be used twice. One should rotate but the other shouldn't

ptc-5185802
1-Newbie

Mechanism constraint assembly needs to be used twice. One should rotate but the other shouldn't

Hi,

I have an issue and it will be great if any one gives a solution to that.

A mechanism constraint assembly needs to be used twice in its next level assembly. There, at one area the rotation requires and i don't want the part to be rotated at other area if i drag the component.

Is there any possibility to do like this? If yes, let me know the way.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

See the flexible component feature for the one you want to alter. You can drive a dimension on the one assembly to be different from the other.

You don't need to use mechanism constraints to do this. As a matter of fact, I find it easier to use flexible components when using normal constraints where you might have an angle constraint to edit in the flexible component table.

vzak
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-5185802)

You can either make one of the occurances flexible as Antonius suggests (if you have fully constrained mechanism), or simply drag mechanism in one of its occurances to get required position.

When you have 2 subassembly occurances with mechanism inside (with degrees of freedom) then any modification that you apply on one occurance by kinematic drag will not propagate to another. They are independent.

If you want precise positioning you can use snapshot dialogue with temporary constraints.

SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-5185802)

Personnaly, I would have added a new constraint set to lock the rotation of the second subassembly.

Top Tags