cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Members of Simplified representations

ptc-2373
4-Participant

Members of Simplified representations

I have a large assembly in Creo 8 with about 30 simplified reps. How can I figure out from the model tree to which simplified rep a certain component belongs, it could be a member in multiple simultaneously.

I realize you can create columns in the model tree representing the simplified rep, but having a large number of simpl. reps. makes this less practical.

Ideally, I'd like to right-click on the component and have the option see all involved simpl. reps.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-2373)

Other than using the model tree to add columns for each rep, I don't know of any other way to do this.

A work-around would be to add the columns to the model tree, the save the model tree text  and use excel to get the info you need. Not a quick/easy solution but excel provides much better tools for big data analysis. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Thank you for your question.
I encourage you to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. This will make it easier for you to receive meaningful help from other Community members.
Regards,
Andra
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-2373)

Other than using the model tree to add columns for each rep, I don't know of any other way to do this.

A work-around would be to add the columns to the model tree, the save the model tree text  and use excel to get the info you need. Not a quick/easy solution but excel provides much better tools for big data analysis. 

Top Tags