cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mirror of Familty Table Instance

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Mirror of Familty Table Instance

Hello,

Creo 2.0

I have created a mirror of a part. Because the parent part has the P/N engraved, I add a family table to the parent with a lone instance with _MIR suffix and with the P/N feature suppressed.  I use the _MIR instance to create my mirrored part.

The problem is that the mirrored part will not regenerate with changes to the parent unless the _MIR instance is opened directly.  If I make changes to the parent generic and open the mirrored part and regenerate, the changes are not reflected (see what I did there 😁) in the mirrored part.  I have to open the _MIR instance.

Is there a way to have the mirrored part automatically open the _MIR instance to check for changes?  I'm afraid that changes aren't going to get propagated to the mirrored part.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I set "retrieve_data_sharing_ref_parts yes" and that seems to have fixed it.

--
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I do not get the behaviour you describe.  Maybe because on my system, upon changing the generic, the _MIR instance is automatically "verified" and updated.  Then, the saved-as-mirror copy of the _MIR instance is also updated...

Perhaps this config.pro setting is relevant:

verify_on_save_by_default yes

I set "retrieve_data_sharing_ref_parts yes" and that seems to have fixed it.

--
LinkedIn
Top Tags