cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Missing section lines in drawing

EdvinTailwind
12-Amethyst

Missing section lines in drawing

Using Creo 7.0.5.0

The A-A section (full) that is defined in the model (single body part) appears weird in the drawing. See this image:

EdvinTailwind_0-1672138931195.png

This is the same section, viewed from different directions (by just using Flip), yet the top one is missing the contours of the two holes and the chamfer. (note: I have not used the Counter Bore function, as the holes are normal to the outer 45° angles, and the larger diameter is on the inside). There are also two "ghost holes" seen on each side that shouldn't be visible in the this section (those holes aren't deep enough to reach the section).

I have tried to regenerate, repaint, redefine, use other reference planes and create completely new sections, but no luck.

Noteworthy is that I have similar B and C sections that work perfectly. I have tried to find any differences in how these features and sections are created, but I found nothing.

Here's a view of the part and the section looks as expected. I've also highlighted the "ghost holes".

EdvinTailwind_1-1672140357668.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The "No section" method didn't work, but could maybe be useful some other time. 

However, even though I think I had already tried it, I created a new General View instead of a Projection View, and viola, it looks ok.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Usually if I see this kind of thing I will change the offending view to not have the cross section (No section) hit Okay, then re-edit the view and add the section back. This generally corrects the strange "confusion" that causes the bizarre rendering. For me, the cause is usually that I'm trying to detail a model that is old, but I've also seen this happen when I've been mucking about with the model in some other manner that causes datum planes defining sections to flip direction, etc.

The "No section" method didn't work, but could maybe be useful some other time. 

However, even though I think I had already tried it, I created a new General View instead of a Projection View, and viola, it looks ok.

Top Tags