cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Modelling of engine Intake/Exhaust ports

Paresh
5-Regular Member

Modelling of engine Intake/Exhaust ports

Hello everyone,

I am trying model a basic engine Intake and exhaust port. The ports will have certain cut outs like the valve, the guide and etc. So basically the area will be reduced at that cut out. Now what I am trying to achieve is that I want to achieve a uniform curve of the port area vs its length.  So I would like to what would be the best way to make the curve as smooth as possible. 

Is it possible to model the ports using graph ( if yes how exactly, because I tried, but I could not understand )? The other alternatives that  I have tried are using either,  sweep/swipe blend, blend, and boundary blend. But then on using these the problem that I face is that it's difficult to vary a few dimensions ( as I want a few port variations for CFD Simulations).

For example, the port starts with a certain area X at the bottom then it falls to  0.85 area ( minimum cross-section after all cut outs) and then from this point, I want to achieve a tapered cone of say alpha degrees.

Also, If this is not clear, please let me know and I shall try to explain more.

I would really appreciate all of your help.

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags