cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Modifying an Imported Feature

ptc-5206745
1-Newbie

Modifying an Imported Feature

Hi all,

Here is my issue: I have a part that was imported from at STEP file that I need to modify. The part contains one coordinate system, and the imported feature. I am having trouble modifying it, e.g. if I define a datum plane off the CSYS and some sketch creo will not let me remove any material (greyed out). If I try to use a surface or curve on the part to reference a sketch or anything else Creo will not let me. I'm assuming that this is a product of the import, but I am having trouble figuring out a way to build any sort of references since I dont have any to start with!

I'd rather not re design this or any other parts. Anyone know what it is that I am missing here? Thanks a million.

-Andy

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To use solid cuts on the item, it will have to be solidified. Check for Import Data Doctor help to get started.

Being more specific at this point is like trying to help someone else heal someone who is ill, but doesn't know what the illness is, by using a telegraph.

Google Import Data Doctor and you'll find YouTube videos and other aids.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-5206745)

Can you share the model?

Is it solid after import?

Unfortunately I do not have permission at this time to share the model. It is not solid, and the whole thing is colored green.

To use solid cuts on the item, it will have to be solidified. Check for Import Data Doctor help to get started.

Being more specific at this point is like trying to help someone else heal someone who is ill, but doesn't know what the illness is, by using a telegraph.

Google Import Data Doctor and you'll find YouTube videos and other aids.

Thanks for the lead on the import data doctor. I like your analogy about the specifics... I wish I could just upload the model. Will post back with any updates.

Plethora of threads on the PTC Community forums about import data doctor. That solves this step of my problem thanks for the guidance...

FYI A great tutorial on IDD for Creo 2:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS53903&lang=en

-Andy

Top Tags