cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

More Information on Activate Window Dropdown menu - Creo 8.0.4.0

DN_9539220
4-Participant

More Information on Activate Window Dropdown menu - Creo 8.0.4.0

As an user. I would like to configure what information is displayed on the Activate Window dropdown menu on the top left, so I can have enough information there to be able to imediately find the window im looking for.

Currently, when you click on the activate window dropdown menu, it only shows the filename. It would be very usefull to be able to configure what info is displayed there,

We use a description parameter on our files. It would be great to see, for example, " Partnumber - Description" on the dropdown.

Example: Today, on the dropdown:

Part1.ASM

Part2.ASM

Part3.PRT

Part4PRT

Part5.PRT

Part6...

then you think " I want to see the "plate....which one is that again?" and then you proceed to probably click on the wrong one a couple of times

after the change:

Part1.ASM - Plate Kit

Part2.ASM - Plate Assembly

Part3.PRT - Bolt

Part4PRT - Plate

Part5.PRT - Washer

Part6.....

Then you imediately click on the window you need.

Is there a way to do this? If not, colud we have it? Pleeeeease.

thx

5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:DN_9539220)

Are these windows that you already have open and you just want to activate them?

If so, could you just Alt-Tab to the open window instead. Shift-Alt-Tab goes backwards. You can also us the up and down arrows to quick jump down rows of open windows.

Sometimes I max my number of window allowed open besides other things like Word, Excel, Outlook, Chrome. I find this fairly efficient.

>Are these windows that you already have open and you just want to activate them?

yes

>If so, could you just Alt-Tab to the open window instead

I rarely have only Creo windows open. Alt-tab will bring up browsers, notes, IMs, windows explorer, etc.

Also, if I just jump windows, I will still need to activate them. I do not have auto-activate current window on bc I use dual monitos and sometimes some windows will have very busy models, so I rather not activate them unless i really need to.

Hi,

you cannot modify activate window dropdown menu.

Solution: Add description name into filename.

Martin Hanák

That solution wont do. We will not change 1000s of parts filenames. Its a corporate thing.

Also, the description contains blank spaces. It would be a mess.

Can we input this as a quality of life improvement?

Thanks

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:DN_9539220)

Enhancement requests are here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/idb-p/creoparametric

Feel free to put one. I would suggest that you don't expect much...

Read thru some, you will see 1000's of good ideas that never get anywhere...that's why others are suggesting work-arounds, it's likely going to be your only viable solution.

Top Tags