cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Move to view - Baseline ordinate dimension

JB_9531820
3-Visitor

Move to view - Baseline ordinate dimension

Hello,

Using the technique described in the post by Jossie titled "Ordinate Dimensions on a detailed view - different sheet," I am having what appears to be random instances when the Baseline Ordinate dimension jumps from the main view to the detail view.

The process I use goes like this:

1. On a default drawing view, that includes ordinate dimensions, I create a regular dimension.

2. I right click that dimension, toggle to ordinate.

3. Then I select that ordinate dimension and select Move-to-View, selecting the detailed view for it to move to.

So far so good. What happens next has me baffled as I cannot find a consistent cause. While making other typical drawing modifications at some point the Baseline Ordinate dimension jumps from the original view it was created on, to the detailed view. This both places the Baseline in a location where the edge would be if the view wasn't detailed, not helpful, and worse it kills the attachment for the other ordinate dimensions on the default view. 

The only fix I have found is to Move the ordinate dimensions on the detailed view back to the default view, one-by-one, till I find which one of them forces the baseline back to the default view. Once done, I can move that ordinate dimension back to the detail view. Moving the troublesome dimension back works sometimes. Other times it drags the baseline with it again. At that point all I can do is delete that dimension and re-create it. All of these are temporary solutions. Anything seems to be able to cause the baseline to jump views; closing the drawing and re-opening, switching pages, etc... The attachments show what happened today when I switched windows between the part and the drawing.

Any ideas?

Creo Parametric 7.0.12.0

1 REPLY 1

Hi @JB_9531820,

Thank you for your question!

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.
Also, feel free to add any additional information you think might be relevant. It sometimes helps to have screenshots to better understand what you are trying to do.

Best regards,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags