cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Multiple display issues under the "perspective mode"

Walker
6-Contributor

Multiple display issues under the "perspective mode"

Walker_0-1652430018617.png

Multiple display issues under the "perspective mode", Are these some kind of well-intentioned functional design?

The visibility of the sketch is completely random depending on the point of view.  

I know the only way to avoid these is to turn off the "perspective mode". But what confuses me is why

Walker_0-1652429381626.png

Example 1: round corner disappeared

Walker_1-1652429399512.png

Example 2: a simple circle disappeared

if there is no center mark or filled color, you can not see the sketch at all, just like the "round corner" example above

Walker_2-1652429427186.png

Example 3:

In fact, it's much more than that, if you use the "delete segment" tool under the "perspective mode", it will cut the segment When your mouse doesn't actually touch or hover over that line segment.

It's like they told you that every building within 1 km of the factory will be demolished, yet your house is 1.5 km away and it's still being demolished

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In Creo4, editing sketches snaps the display out of perspective mode.

I guess in the later versions, PTC "enhanced" the functionality by allowing users to do more things while perspective view is active.  But seems they forgot to fully debug the implementation.  Makes you wonder...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Walker)

You should open a case with tech support.  I'm guessing they will say sketcher was not designed to work in perspective mode and that this is 'working to spec', but it can't hurt to at least ask.

https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log

Walker
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Thank you for your sharing and guidance.

In Creo4, editing sketches snaps the display out of perspective mode.

I guess in the later versions, PTC "enhanced" the functionality by allowing users to do more things while perspective view is active.  But seems they forgot to fully debug the implementation.  Makes you wonder...

Walker
6-Contributor
(To:pausob)

Thank you for your guidance. I understand now.

Top Tags