cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Multiple instances of Variable Groups

jgottfredson
1-Newbie

Multiple instances of Variable Groups

I have noticed that it is possible to have the same ports, on multiple instances, of the same variable group shape, wired differently. If variable shape “A” exists on sheet 1, and has ports 1 thru 6 routed with 20AWG fibers, I have discovered that I can have the same variable group shape “A” on sheet 2, with ports 1 thru 6routedwith22AWG fibers. This has raised some concern with the engineers. The concern is that the same port will be on multiple sheets connected differently. Is there a warning or parameter that can be implemented to keep the same port shape on multiple sheets from being connecteddifferently?
Right now the only thing I can think to do is to set the “Max connections per port”, to 1.
The engineers wanted the variable group, port shapes set up in such a way that if the port was connected on sheet 1, that same port would not be visible or available on sheet 2. The key word being connected. I have explained the hiding and unhiding of ports and the"re-order members command" for variable groups to the engineers, they would like an automated warning or inability to connect multiple instances of the same port.
Thanks,

John
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags