cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Multiple parts moving when I drag one part... :(

rjethwa
5-Regular Member

Multiple parts moving when I drag one part... :(

Hi - I'm new to mechanisms contstraints, but getting there.

I have a problem where I have a door handle that can be depressed through a limited arc.  There is also a button on the handle which can be depressed.  I have set up the constraints for both of these pieces, but the problem is when I drag the button to the different positions on screen, the whole handle moves (through the arc) on the screen too.  How do I set up so that I can drag the button to different on/off positions but I don't change the angle of the handle?  Each piece should be independently movable without moving any other part.

Counter to that, I can move the handle through the arc and the button stays in the position and doesn't move, so i know it can be done

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:rjethwa)

Unfortunately that is how mechanism moves when you drag parts on the screen.

Check out this discussion - Freeze-mechanism-joints and this Idea - enable-disable-mechanism-constraints 

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:rjethwa)

Unfortunately that is how mechanism moves when you drag parts on the screen.

Check out this discussion - Freeze-mechanism-joints and this Idea - enable-disable-mechanism-constraints 

There is always more to learn in Creo.
rjethwa
5-Regular Member
(To:kdirth)

Ugh - that really is so annoying for me.  Thanks for the links - I'll check them out and see if they help.

Thanks again..

Top Tags