cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

My favorite subject - NOT-SO "Simplified" Reps

DeanLong
10-Marble

My favorite subject - NOT-SO "Simplified" Reps

I have an assembly with an Envelop and a Process rep. My new part is included, present and regeneratedwithin both these reps. When I go to my process assembly the new part is inactive. I can see it highlight in red when I select it from the tree, yet I have no way of activating it that I can see.

I have attempted to add a new step in the process. I can select the part but I cannot get a check box to finalize the selection.

Why is this procees so painstakingly, miserably, laoboriously convoluted?????

How do I active the new part in the process assembly?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry..How do I "Activate" the part in the status column?

In Reply to Dean Long:

I have an assembly with an Envelop and a Process rep. My new part is included, present and regeneratedwithin both these reps. When I go to my process assembly the new part is inactive. I can see it highlight in red when I select it from the tree, yet I have no way of activating it that I can see.

I have attempted to add a new step in the process. I can select the part but I cannot get a check box to finalize the selection.

Why is this procees so painstakingly, miserably, laoboriously convoluted?????

How do I active the new part in the process assembly?

My issue turned out to be that I did not use the middle mouse button to commit the selection of the component is the process step creation. What???? (ALL FRUSTRATION IMPLIED)

Why didn't the "okay" or the "done" clickswork? A middle mouse button pick, really?????? A totally hidden and undocumented method! Arrrrrgggg!

Quite typical for Pro/E 😞

Bob
Top Tags