cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

NOTE RENUMBERING WITH SYMBOLS AND TEXT, HOW

IC_10197017
2-Guest

NOTE RENUMBERING WITH SYMBOLS AND TEXT, HOW

Hello,

I stumbled onto a feature in CREO 8. In our organization we used what are called 'bug notes' which are used to denote a hard requirement or process. there are also regular text notes. I have used the contextual code of &sym(bug) and then entered the number when prompted.

To some success almost all of them updated. Even when I inserted a bug note. What I did was enter in the code then when asked for the number. This reorders all ny bug notes perfectly except for wen they are broken by a normal non-context note.

Is there a code of some sort that allows Creo to count the regular note that are in-between bug note groups that allows for proper renumbering? Bug #24 is the one I inserted and as you can see, they all renumbered correctly until they reached Note 30. They did however continue numbering, it just that the normal note was not part of the count and the sequence continued as if it was not there.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags