cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Named view will explode assembly

sloman
1-Newbie

Named view will explode assembly

Hello,

I have created a new named view. When I switch from the standard view to my named view, it will explode the assembly. How can I turn this off and why is this happening?

I also have problems whit showing a combined view in my drawings. The combined view will also being showed in explode. Is this the same problem?

Stefan

NAmed_view-1.pngNAmed_view-2.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
sloman
1-Newbie
(To:sloman)

After creating a new explode view and saving it, this dialog box appears. In the dialog box I can make a relation between the exploded view and the orientation. I don’t know if the solution is in this box, and I don’t know how to open this box without having to modify the exploded view.

StefanKnipsel.JPG

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

You can change many of these things in the view manager. I find the whole UI completely non-intuitive!

Fixing the saved view to not explode should be easy enough. Call up the view; turn off the explode; zoom all; and save the view under the same name.

Be careful doing this, however, because it may affect drawings that use these view names.

Good morning Antonius,

Yesterday I have worked as you descripted and the problems seems solved. Except in the drawing. When I insert an combined view it is still an exploded view.

The UI is indeed non-intuitive, as you call it. I am still finding out a way to make a good user manual for our products. Despite I am still finding out new ways to do this, it remains difficult.

Knipsel.JPG

Stefan

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Since the drawing view has its own toggle about explode states, it seems they only copy that status from the model state at the time of creation. you can manually toggle the explode state in the drawing by changing the view properties.

I rarely allow the default explode state to remain the drawing's state. I create named explode states specifically for the drawings. Every time you make a change to the model, you have to check all the explode states as newly added components will be added with explode state active to that component.

I also find that toggling the explode state of everything up front makes managing these easier. All too often a small change to one component will affect all the others.

Top Tags