cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Need Help with Some old ME10 CoCreate .mi files

ptc-5197886
1-Newbie

Need Help with Some old ME10 CoCreate .mi files

Hi Everyone.

Ok here is my problem, I am a Sr Maintenance Tech at a Plastic injection molding company and I have ran across a problem with one of our robots on a 1000 ton press. I have the original electrical drawings saved on the server here at work but without the original ME10 CoCreate software they are worthless. This robot is down and without electrical prints it is darn near impossiable to troubleshoot it.

Here is my request if someone can or is willing to do this, I have done some research and read that these files can be converted to DXF, DWG or even PDF format, Is there anyone on here who can or is willing to convert these files over to a PDF or drawing format that AutoCAD or Adobe can read so I can print them. I dont need to do any editing I just need to print them.

Guys all I can say is Thank You Greatly in Advance.

Doug Coffman

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

I have attached a couple of the files to this post, I believe I have approx 18 of these files I need to print.

Guys again any help I greatly appreciate..

Thanks Again

Doug Coffman

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5197886)

I unzipped the first one and it is 43963.002 with no extension (.prt, .asm, .drw, ...). Are these part files, assembly files, drawings files?

Per everyone I have talked to that worked for this company that manufactured this robot they are .mi extension

I know they are electrical drawing. But unfortunitly other than that Im not sure.

Wish I had more information to give.

Im almost 100% they are drawing file.

Doug, unless you know the extension and if the extension is other than .MI, I cannot help you with Creo Parametric.

My machine is set up to accept Co-Create files but it will not read drawing files (.MI) It only brings in the following formats: .bdl, .pkg, .sdp, .sda, .sdac, .sdpc

I tried changing the extension to .bdl and .pkg and no luck.

Current co-create users should be able to import the files however. If you have PTC product maintenance, you might even get PTC support to help you out (longshot, I know).

I take it back... I might have a solution... Hang tight.

Doug, see your private message box and send me an email.

what was your solution if I may ask? i'm also having some old .MI files I would like to view without having to consult an old computer

I opened the .MI files with the free Creo Elements Direct Modeling Express 4.0 which is available to you if you have active maintenance for Creo Parametric. I was able to save the files as PDF using the Creo Elements Express.

excellent idea! thx for the tip

Top Tags