cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Need a custom QTY column on our BOM's

ptc-3289292
1-Newbie

Need a custom QTY column on our BOM's

Help Needed

We use a table and repeat regions for our BOM.

The quantity of all the parts is broken down sub assemblies.

Our purchasing department would like a column that also displays total part Quantity.

See table below as an example of what I would like to do. I would like to create a parameter for the TOTAL QTY column called ASM.MBR.QTY that is defined by multiplying the number of sub assemblies by the number of parts in the sub assemblies.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Matt

ITEM ITEM ITEM SPARES QTY TOTAL QTY NAME
RPT.INDEX       RPT.QTY ???ASM.MBR.QTY??? ASM.MBR.NAME
1       1 1 MAIN ASSEMBLY
2       1 1 SUB ASSEMBLY 1
  1     1 1 PART 1
  2     60 60 SUB ASSEMBLY 2
    1   1 60 PART 2
    2   1 60 PART 3
3       5 5 SUB ASSEMBLY 3
  1     1 5 PART4
  2     1 5 PART 5

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the forum, Matthew.

One of the default BOMs reports all the items in an assembly where another from one of the tutorials reports only the current level. You might be able to get some information from the provided BOM.

Having this in one table may present some logical problems in the report, however. If a screw is used at several levels, it will report on the BOM at several levels... what would you enter in the total qty column at each instance?

I may suggest you want to maintain these as a separate BOM on the drawing. One as an indented BOM and one as a overview BOM. In the past, I've been able to manage lists like these on different "pages" of the drawing. I don't use Creo tables for this, however, but the concept is the same. Just look at the page you actually want to see.

Hello,

Do you need to have both quantities listed in the table? Or just the total quantity one?

For total quantity in repeat region Atributes set No Duplicates, instead of No Dup/Level.

Top Tags