cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Need to press regenerate more than one time

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine

Need to press regenerate more than one time

I've a few models, parts and assemblies, where I need to press regenerate, more than one time, to complete the regenerate process. can you explain me, why I need to press more  than one time, the regeneration icon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

YES your idea is correct.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

one of the reasons may be relations defined in your models.

Martin Hanák
CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

So it means, that the first regeneration, doesn't update the relations?

How it's the workflow of regeneration? In the other CAD packages, that I've been using till today, i only have the need to do one click on the regeneration icon, for a complete update!

Hi,

in Creo one regeneration works well only in case that the model is built sequentially. If this condition is not met then more regenerations are needed. To understand regeneration process you have to understand how the model is built. If you want to get help from me, please upload one "problematic" part.

Martin Hanák
CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

I see what you are intend to say. If I have some relations in the end of the part, for features at the beginning of the part, there is some need of more than one regeneration. Am I right?

Hi,

YES your idea is correct.

Martin Hanák
rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine
(To:CAD_user)

A second regeneration might also be needed with External References and almost certainly circular references. As Martin pointed out, it depends on how features are created. If the part definition depends on the assembly being updated first, then the part might need to regenerate again to take into account any changes put into the part by the assembly.

Top Tags