cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

New Manufacturing Interface in WF5

Amanda1
1-Newbie

New Manufacturing Interface in WF5

I am a student and I recently installed the free student edition of Pro/E WF5. The manufacturing part of the student edition only has the Expert Machinist sub-type option. Is there any way to get the NC Assembly subtype option in the student edition?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
NickMihelich
6-Contributor
(To:Amanda1)

Is there no option under the applications menu for switching?

No, Expert Machinist is the only option given to me. I'm afraid that it's probably because it is a student edition so they limit the options. But I only know how to use the NC assembly type manufacturing and am having trouble figuring out Expert Machinist so I was hoping to get the familiar program back.

NickMihelich
6-Contributor
(To:Amanda1)

Oh that is unfortunate. You could try downloading one of my files from a previous post (undercutting) and see if it opens with or lets you switch to the manufaturing side. If that doesn't work you might have to contact ptc to see if you could get a trial license for a month or something

Top Tags