cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

New to Creo/Elements/Direct

Jaime
1-Newbie

New to Creo/Elements/Direct

Hi everyone. I'm new to this software. I just downloaded it yesterday and I hope I'm in the right place to ask questions. I just started doing the first quick project and was wondering if there's a way to take a snapshop/screenshot or export a view of the part I'm working on to say post it online or show it online for example? Also what are the different file extensions in the software? I don't think I've seen these so if anyone can clarify this for me that would be helpful. The version I'm using is at this link. Also forgive me if I got the place wrong, all the white background is making my eyes hurt. I'm on Windows 7 and I'm not sure if it's the browser or this forum. If there's a way to change this too, please let me know. This is my first post so I'm just trying to figure out where things are.Thanks.

www.ptc.com/products/creo-elements-direct/modeling-express/

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hkramer
1-Newbie
(To:Jaime)

Print /

YOu might like to test ....

File >> Print >> High Resolution Print

Here you can send it to a Printer (as defined in Windows) or a PDF generation printer ...

using this option you also can generate a TIFF file. to be stored on your local disc for further

usage in other programs.

Or you take a standard screen capture application.

Te professional version provides an additional option, called Rendering for Photorealistic Screens.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
hkramer
1-Newbie

Color coding

You can change the viewport colors as you like them to have.

FILE >> Settings >> Color

Default Settings window will open.

Modeling does provide 2 Color Schemes. Creo and CoCreate

Here you can simply choose Creo or CoCreate.

using one of those provides you the former known CoCreate style or the new Creo Style.

If you want to setup your personal style ... you can do so and save it as a user defined one.

Go to the last select item named "Viewport" ..... here you can change the viewport background color.....

The CoCreate color scheme will offer you a darker approach.

file extensions

*.pk2 = Package File from Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express

Contains 3D Data, such as Workplane(s), Assemblies and Part(s)

Contents for each pk2 data file depends on the selection you have done.

*.bd2 = Bundle File from Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express

Contains 3D data - see above plus the 2D Drawing from Annotation (2D part)

the data files can only be loaded into Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express

Transfer to the professional Modeling version is not possible - please contact your

local Sales Rep if you or your company like to switch from Express to the professional

version of Modeling.

I was having problems with the diffrence between the .pkg and .pk2.
At home I have the Express version (18). At work we use the 17 version.
I thought it had something to do with the version (17 - 18), but thought it would be rediculous if there was no compatibility between the versions.
But it has to do with the Express - Prof versions, thanks!

hkramer
1-Newbie

Print /

YOu might like to test ....

File >> Print >> High Resolution Print

Here you can send it to a Printer (as defined in Windows) or a PDF generation printer ...

using this option you also can generate a TIFF file. to be stored on your local disc for further

usage in other programs.

Or you take a standard screen capture application.

Te professional version provides an additional option, called Rendering for Photorealistic Screens.

Jaime
1-Newbie
(To:hkramer)

Thank you. I saw a video on youtube that showed the user using the viewport option, but I just looked at the other color options so that's great to see too. I also tried both the print and tiff and they both work great which is what I wanted to do and not just a screenshot which I can also make, but the tiff works better since I don't have to crop anything. I just downloaded the program at home and I'm just trying to learn this on my own. No company or school. I'm using Ubuntu and do a remote desktop to my windows computer in order to use it. So the other program I was using was making everything more white which made it harder to see, but I changed that and the color in the program and I can work on it without being blinded.

Jaime
1-Newbie
(To:hkramer)

I just tried to upload the tiff image, but the system tells me this type of file is not allowed? I'm not sure if I just need more posts or what, do you have any idea of why this is?

hkramer
1-Newbie

Hello,

using any standard picture viewer allows you to open the TIF file and to save this as GIF or BMP file

if you are in the need to upload a picture to this forum. for a different thread.

cheers

test.GIF

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Jaime Vigil wrote:

I just tried to upload the tiff image, but...

Save them in PNG or JPG format and then post it (use "Insert Image" icon).

Top Tags