cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

No "Normal to Surface" option with Sweep

reime115
5-Regular Member

No "Normal to Surface" option with Sweep

Hello all,

Here's my situation. I'm modeling a female mold for a car and am trying to construct the parting surface for usage with Creo Tool Design Extension. The constraint is that the parting surface must be everywhere normal to the local car surface, so as far as I know my only options for constructing the surface are Sweep and Swept Blend, as they both allow for "Normal to Surface" as the Horizontal/Vertical control.

I have been able to construct one mold on the car successfully by using four Intent Chains as Trajectory References and making one Sweep feature that serves as the parting surface, as seen in the first two pictures. However, when trying this method on making the next mold (which is basically the driver's side of the car, the driver being on the left), I was unable to use an Intent Chain as the reference because I had to create a curve to connect two Edges, and Creo does not permit Curves to be in Intent Chains. So, as seen in the 3rd pic, I created an Intent Curve and tried to Sweep with that (again, by selecting it in Trajectory >> References)). However, when I do this, the "Normal to Surface" option becomes unavailable and the only option for Horiz/Vert control is "Automatic". The green check mark is available, and as far as I know the trajectory is continuous. Any ideas as to why I can't use "Normal to Surface" for this trajectory?Successful Sweep feature for parting surface and Volume SplitSuccessful Sweep feature for parting surface and Volume SplitFemale mold after Volume SplitFemale mold after Volume SplitFailed trajectory for SweepFailed trajectory for Sweep

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags