cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Not Able to Merge Felxible Parts into Repeat Region Table

MB_10357724
10-Marble

Not Able to Merge Felxible Parts into Repeat Region Table

I have created an assembly with the flexible components and controlled its length through variable items. 

based on the assembly I created the repeat region BoM table in the drawing. but the drawing BoM shows that, each component as a separate line item even though it has the same part number. 

Also, I noticed that Creo is combining the flexible components that are in same length. 

Pls. suggest an idea to combine these parts into single item with correct quantity.  Refer uploaded image.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MB_10357724 wrote:

Hi, 

summation will not help for this case since we want to sum up the QTY and merge the parts into a single row. Please let me know. 

Regards,
Aseem

Hi,

please understand that repeat region has some functionality that doesn't allow you to do what you want.

Download and investigate my next dataset.

I created new repeat region without relations and without &ASM.MBR.FT. It contains one row related to gasket.prt.

If you add &ASM.MBR.FT into 2-nd column you will see two rows related to gasket.prt. That is current repeat region functionality. You cannot change this behaviour.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:MB_10357724)

This is a known issue that has been discussed here a few times.  Check out this thread to see if it can solve your issue:

BOM TABLE WITH FLEXIBLE QTY AND UOM II 

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.

Refer attached image for the current relation associated with the repeat region table. it appears that, the current relation is same as what you mentioned. 

but still BoM table reflects the flexible components as separate items. pls assist me. 

@MB_10357724 wrote:

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.

Refer attached image for the current relation associated with the repeat region table. it appears that, the current relation is same as what you mentioned. 

but still BoM table reflects the flexible components as separate items. pls assist me. 

Hi,

it is difficult to guess what is wrong ... please create test data (simple assembly + drawing), pack them into zip file and upload zip file. This enables other users to investigate your data.

Martin Hanák

Attached test files for your review. Thank you.

@MB_10357724 wrote:

Attached test files for your review. Thank you.

Hi,

Martin Hanák

Hi, 

summation will not help for this case since we want to sum up the QTY and merge the parts into a single row. Please let me know. 

Regards,
Aseem

@MB_10357724 wrote:

Hi, 

Regards,
Aseem

Hi,

please understand that repeat region has some functionality that doesn't allow you to do what you want.

Download and investigate my next dataset.

I created new repeat region without relations and without &ASM.MBR.FT. It contains one row related to gasket.prt.

If you add &ASM.MBR.FT into 2-nd column you will see two rows related to gasket.prt. That is current repeat region functionality. You cannot change this behaviour.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MB_10357724)

Flexible components are great until you use Repeat region BOMs.

And as Kdirth mentions, there are some work-arounds.

But even so, I don't believe that with the work-arounds you will be able to show a generated BOM balloon for the components which will become the next problem. I hope this has been fixed but I thoroughly doubt it. I'm on Creo 6 but I don't think I have attempted since Creo 4.

Top Tags