cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Open ProE Assembly as Light Weight model

ptc-3191571
1-Newbie

Open ProE Assembly as Light Weight model

Hello,

I have a assembly with almost 1K components, my system has 4 GB of RAM.When I open this assembly in ProE sometimes ProE becomes non-responsive or other process starts executing slowly.

I am working on WF 5.0 M060.

So I would like to know is there any way to open ProE assembly as a light weight using which I would able to work a bit faster?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I would suggest reading up on simplified reps in the PTC Knowledgebase
(support) section. There are many, many options you can leverage to work
with light weight, simplified assemblies.

I am assuming you own your seat and pay maintenance.

Tim McLellan
Mobius Innovation and Development, Inc.
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:ptc-3191571)

Simplified Reps or Shrink-Wrap or Copy Geometry.you have a few different
options based on what you're actually trying to do.

Michael P. Locascio

What is Shrink-Wrap or Copy Geometry?

can you please elaborate more?

A Shrinkwrap collects the geometry based on a quality setting and creates a surface centric model. If you create a Shrinkwrap from an assembly you will get a lightweight prt file. With this, there is little option for modifications. If you desire is to continue editing components or developing the design then Simplified Reps using On-Demand features is your likely path.

However, if you simply want to have a complete assembly for viewing/presentation then perhaps usnig ProductViewmight be beneficial? Save your ProE assembly out of ProE as a ProductView.pvz file. Erase the assembly model from session. File, Open the saved .pvz file and ProE will translate .pvz into a model of faceted components. This new ProE assembly will be light weight.The only edits permitted would be Deleting and/or coloring of the translatedcomponents and adding additional ProE components giving you a mix of light weight and heavy models.

Regards, Jim

Thanks All for replies..

Information I received was very helpful.

Top Tags