cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Open Solidworks drawing in Creo 1?

JoshH
3-Visitor

Open Solidworks drawing in Creo 1?

Hi folks,

I have a seat of Solidworks 2012 and Creo 1.

I attempted to open a Solidworks drawing with no luck.

I can open a Solidworks part without a problem.

Anybody else able to open a Solidworks drawing in Creo 1?

Josh

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:JoshH)

Hello!

Joshua Houser wrote:

...Anybody else able to open a Solidworks drawing in Creo 1?...

Could you provide SolidWorks example?

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:VladimirN)

Solidworks.zip

Hi Vladimir, attached is a simple Solidworks part and drawing I created for testing.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:JoshH)

Creo Parametric 1.0 (and Creo/Elements Pro 5.0) can open only two types of 3D models from SolidWorks - assembly (".sldasm") and part (".sldprt"). To view drawings (".slddrw") created ​​in SolidWorks, you can use a free viewer "eDrawings": http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/downloads.htm?cid=hp_tab_support_downloads

Also you can save drawings in "DWG" format, which can be opened in Creo Parametric 1.0 (and Creo/Elements Pro 5.0).

Top Tags