cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Opening .PKG file in Creo Parametric 9.0

NW_10561079
3-Visitor

Opening .PKG file in Creo Parametric 9.0

I am trying to open a large assembly provided by a customer that is a “.PKG” file. It appears to import successfully (other than a few import validation errors). Our customer uses Creo Elements Direct.
I am trying to search the model tree for certain parts but it’s not finding them. The parts I am looking for are in the model, they are just have other names. Our customer says when they open the file in Creo Elements Direct all of the part files have the correct numbers.

Is Creo Parametric fully compatible with a .PKG file from Creo Elements Direct?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3

"Supported version of various external file formats in Creo Parametric": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS134024

Our customer thinks his version of Creo Elements Direct is a couple years old (not sure what version that would be). I am able to import the .pkg file into Creo Parametric and the model looks correct. Our customer just seems to think it is not keeping the same names on the assembly components in the tree. Although, a few of the components are named correctly after importing,

All of the component names should remain the same after it is imported into Creo Parametric, correct? 

Is there any setting on the import that might cause this? 

I just want to make sure it is nothing going wrong on my end.

Hi,

my suggestion ... contact PTC Support and send them problematic data.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags