cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Order of BOM balloons & items BOM table

LauraP
1-Newbie

Order of BOM balloons & items BOM table

I have a very simple assembly of 4 flat sheets stacked on top of each other. The tree shows them in the correct order (bottom first -> top last). The BOM balloons however put the 2nd sheet as #1, the bottom sheet as #2, and 3&4 are correct. The BOM table correspondingly lists the 2nd layer as first in the table, then the bottom layer, then 3 and 4.

Is there a way to reorder the balloons and table?

Thanks in advance... I'm new to ProE.

6 REPLIES 6
huggre
1-Newbie
(To:LauraP)

Laura

Select Table->Repeat Region...

Here you can sort and change index'es for your table (the balloon ID's will follow as you reorder your table)

Hugo

The parts are usually listed in alphabetical order. If you want to change the order, you may need to add a parameter to each part. You could use this number as a "custom index number" and sort your repeat region according to this parameter.

-Matt

CM10
1-Newbie
(To:MGortner)

As mentioned by Matt, you can use an "integer" parameter and use that to automatically sort your table. I've created ours to sort as follows (shown how the table shows them):

REMOVED PARTS (PARTS DELETED VIA DRF OR FCN)
PAINT
PRIMER
Weld filler metal
"Bulk" Qty "AR" parts (oil, grease, locktite, valve packing, etc.)
Fasteners
Purchased "off the shelf" parts or assemblies (
Fabricated parts (including modified "off the shelf" parts)
Assemblies

It then has a secondary sorting as follows:

size

Description1

Dash_no

Drawing_no

Have fun.

yuegao
1-Newbie
(To:LauraP)

I want the order of BOM table follow the model tree,what can I do?(I changed the location of component in the model tree,but the order of BOM table not change as the model tree)

PHABIO
7-Bedrock
(To:yuegao)

set:

Table --> Repeat Region --> Atributes -->no duplicate/liv

Fanke19
3-Visitor
(To:yuegao)

Apparently I'm browsing through a conversation that is eleven(11) years old...and I totally understand what "Yuegao" was trying to accomplish. I don't think any of the other suggestions really answered what he was looking for...but I think I figured it out...

You need to "Fix Index" by selecting every record in the BOM one by one and entering the new index position you desire ( one by one ).

This requires that you read the text prompts at the bottom of the screen very carefully after each and every step.

Painful ( sad )

Top Tags