cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PAT Hatching - What does the "Scale" mean?

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

PAT Hatching - What does the "Scale" mean?

We've recently switched to Creo 9 and as a result I'm constantly being told to switch my XCH type hatching to PAT. I do this, but there's something odd (to me) about how the patterns scale when I'm modifying them in a drawing. For example, I have two similar parts, with the same 1:1 scaling on their drawings.

I would think that if I edit the hatching on both and set the angle and scale to the same value, they should look the same if the drawing scale is the same. That is not what I see on the two drawings. The sectioned view for the two parts contradicts what I'd expect, based upon what I see if I increase the "scale" value.

Hatch Scale Mystery.png

If I'm editing a hatch and increase the "scale", the spacing between the hatch lines increases. But in these two views, as you can see, the larger scale value is resulting in a smaller spacing interval for the lines.

I guess my basic question is: What does the Scale value mean? It's evidently not scaled from the definition file, or whatever these are stored as, so is it somehow sized to "fit" the model, or view, or something like that? How does one set the scale in order to have a hatching pattern on one drawing look the same on another drawing, if they are using the same scale and angle?

Not something that is preventing me from doing anything, just weird behavior, to me.

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

maybe weird behavior is side effect of conversion of XCH to PAT (if you are doing this).

Please upload testing data if it is possible.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags